Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 6: Childhood things

This is a project I did for my digital imaging class. We had to create a low relief sculpture of found objects that we then scanned and manipulated in Photoshop. I glued cut up doll fabric and other toy objects to a board, and did a bunch of experimenting, and this is what I ended up with. I used a lot of brushes, manipulated color, and also made the cracks. Childhood has been a recurring theme for me within my work, probably because I didn't want to grow up when I was younger. I was one of those kids that clung to my imaginative games and stuffed unicorns. I believe something is lost, something is broken when we must mature, and grow up. Yet even with all the lessons I have learned, and am still learning about life, I still feel like a child. A child who is not sure what she's looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment