Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 24: Growing

This is another digital project I just finished. For the assignment, we had to combine several organic forms with man made objects by scanning them, and we could include found photographs if we chose. The objects I chose to scan were seed pods, and a camera and its wires that I pulled out after smashing it with a hammer. It was very therapeutic. Don't worry, it was a $2 camera from Good Will. The girl (that's me!) and the two dolls in the center are pieces of two photographs. As I began to experiment, and put this assignment together, I started to think about how my interest in photography has grown, and how I've changed from the girl I used to be. Though I think the dolls and little me don't quite fit. At first I was trying to portray how the child I used to be seems so far away that it doesn't seem real anymore, hence the dolls. Here is the image without the dolls and myself. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment