Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 1: The allure of film



This portrait is a black and white print that was toned with selenium. With this portrait, I wanted to show my passion for photography, and where it all began for me. I took my first photography class in high school where we shot entirely in black and white film. Digital was barely mentioned. At first, it was frustrating. I made constant mistakes ranging from fogged film to a broken light meter. I was uncomfortable holding a camera, and had thoughts that I would just get through the year, and never take photography again. Yet, as I learned, and the mistakes I made lessened, I found myself drawn to it more and more. I began to see the world around me and the endless possibilities. What started out as a mere elective class soon became my passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment